Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday Superbowl Bargello

Well its Sunday in Australia and even though we dont celebrate the Superbowl my aunt and I decided to join Bonnie from Quiltville Chat in the Superbowl scrappy bargello sewing day. The US girls are probably just waking getting ready to sew and to watch the superbowl.


Here are some photos I wanted to share of Gail and I making our bargellos. I had a slight hiccup with mine right at the end however think it will be easily fixed.


The first photo above is of Gail and myself sewing our bargellos together. Hehe you can see mine behind me hanging on Gails curtain.

Gail has steamed ahead of me and alread done her first border and also part of her braid border. Psssttt ssshhh you know why she is ahead of me..... she sewed until 4am this morning! When I arrived at her house this morning she was still sleeping and I went into her sewing room and OMG I found all her strips sewn together!!!

Anyway here are some pics hope you enjoy.......









This is my scrappy bargello. Each strip is different but I organised them into colour groups. I have made one mistake though, can you see it?





On the right here is Gails quilt. Its so scrappy and so fantastic. The photos just dont do it justice. The photo shows the first border on and the braid border in progress.






This is me cutting out my strips from the tubes. Do you know how hard it is to smile for a picture and trying to cut at the same time with the rotary cutter. I wouldn't suggest anyone try this at home!


~~~~~~~~Gail sewing her braided border.~~~~~~~~
COMING SOON:
Photos of the completed quilts!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

way too go KA and Gail too..gawd sewing till 4am..how did she keep her eyes open? And hey I won't be looking for your mistake I cannot look at the many colours of bargello it makes me feel funny-it looks great,
cheers Vickie

Kathy said...

Wow! Your quilt is beautiful!

Juwles said...

wonderful job KA and Gail, well done, you sure churn them out KA... nice to see an updated pic of you too KA...
Hugs
Julianne