Sunday, June 1, 2008

Feeling ripped off

Well I have learned NOT TO BUY from http://www.hotdiggitydog.com/. Why do you ask? Well I ordered the following fabric :


I also ordered some nice brown paw print on black background to go with this piece. I ordered the fabric for a friend who wants me to make one of those stable bags I make.
This is the fabric that arrived:
Can you see the slight difference? Its bright blue background looks nothing like the black background of the fabric I had ordered. So I contacted the store owner and she said she would send me the black background fabric at a reduced price of $12 but only when I have paid the postage to return the blue fabric! I reminded her that it was not my mistake I was sent the incorrect fabric. That seeing it was her fault I should not have to pay out more money to get what I originally ordered. Yep thats right she wants me to pay the postage to send the wrong fabric back to her then wants me to pay the postage to send the correct fabric back to me!!!!! And she wont send the correct fabric until I send the incorrect fabric back! Now because she in is Amercia and I am in Australia we arent just talking about a couple of dollars. It will cost me at least $10 to send this fabric back to her then she wants me to pay the $12 which is the cost she claims it will be to send the correct fabric back to me. Makes it a very expensive YARD of fabric!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I wanted was a yard of pug fabric to make this bag for my friend. Now I am $49 out of pocket with fabric I will never use and a seller who is not prepared to fix up her own mistake! I am so angry.
So if anyone knows where I can get some of this pug fabric on black background can you let me know. Oh dont suggest hotdiggity!!! Its a Michael Miller fabric titled pug. Oh and if your interested in some blue background pug fabric I have a yard of it as its not use to me as it does not match the other two fabrics I purchased to make the bag with!


10 comments:

Khris said...

KA you have every right to be annoyed and disgusted with this service. I for one will not be buying from her site....silly woman doesn't realise how much reach the internet gets and she will lose business for offering such bad service. All the Yahoo groups will hear about her site and not to go there...hugs Khris

Cath Ü said...

I am with you on this one KA... it is her mistake and she should cover postage for you to send it back and to resend the correct fabric..... She is very misguided if she thinks this is good business practice. With the way things are today, this will be all around the world on no time at all... silly woman is doing her business harm and I for one will not order from her...... Cath Ü

The little book of Nessie said...

KA, no wonder you are disappointed with the online shop's service. Let's hope it has a change of heart and makes you a happy customer. That is what all good businesses want after all isn't it? Nessie

Anita said...

KA, I would be annoyed too! I can't beleive this store thinks you should pay for their mistakes.
One store I will definitely be avoiding.

Karen Mallory said...

I am actually going out on a limb here and say she should just send you the fabric you originally ordered reguardless if you send the wrong one back. That happened to me once and the shop sent the right fabric to me never even mentioning sending the wrong one back! That was Hancocks of Paducah that was so nice!
hugs Karen

Unknown said...

What this online retailer has not learned is how costly her refusal to pay for return postage is going to be to her future business.

Though I found her site loaded with interesting fabric and indeed some, I might have considered buying. I will not risk doing business with her after your experience.

Simply put her mistake by not providing good customer service, will cost her far more than just return postage would have for her mistake in sending the wrong fabric to a customer.

Indeed, I suggest she should have said, "Keep the yard I sent you in error and the fabric you ordered is on the way to you, MY mistake is MY loss." You would have been a customer for life and she would have reaped tons of new customers from the online groups you would have been singing her website praises to.

Smiles from Idaho, Onalee

Jeanne said...

Often a business will just send the correct item and tell you to keep the wrong one since you are inconvenienced by their mistake. I've had that experience. The owner is totally wrong IMHO to ask you to pay for additional postage.

Sharon-NZ said...

totally sucks, such bad business practice, cripes she should have just sent the correct fabric to keep her customer happy....... I couldnt actually see anything on the site to give her policies on postage returns etc.......bad practice

Lissa Jane said...

I'd be pissed off too.. I worked in an online quilt store, if we stuffed up, we'd send a replacement fabric asap, no questions asked and we would say keep what we sent wrong in the first place as a 'sorry we stuffed up'..

good service? you might tell one or two peoples...
bad service?? you'll tell everyone and then they'll tell someone etc etc..

In the digital age, its just plain stupid to not sort out problems such as this asap...

whats that saying? the pen is mightier than the sword? how about the NET is mightier than the sword???

I wouldn't buy from this company either and I buy most of my stuffs from the US!

fabricpixie said...

hmmmm, how tacky would it be for those of us who read your blog to contact them via email and say that "the bad customer service given to a friend is precluding me from considering purchasing from your company"?