Sunday, January 11, 2009

Latest Sewing and wot not

Today I finished a bag I started last weekend. Its a Laptop bag. I wouldnt recommend the pattern to anyone! It was really confusing and not very thorough. I ended up just doing my own thing to get it finished. The first photo is of the font of it, the second is the back and the third is inside the bag. Inside it has 3 pockets. It also has another zippered section just under the front flap.










Last weekend I finally got around to finishing my Celestial Hearts quilt top that i started at CQ Patchwork retreat in September 08. I have yet to decide how to quilt it. Jan Phillips the designer actually hand quilted hers but I dont think I will be attempting to hand quilt this one! You can see Jans at her website http://www.quilttherapy.com.au/










Also wanted to show off my cupboard that Ronnie from www.cathroncountrydesigns.com/ made me.











Just in case your wondering........ No I am not going for the world record for the longest blog post just thought it was time I got some stuff up on it seeing I have not put anything up for sooooooo long.

Ok next on the agenda we have a photo of a quilt that I finished ages ago. OOOPPSS mean quilt top. For some reason all my quilts get completed into tops and never seem to progress from there. I keep telling myself one day I will quilt them. By the time that day comes maybe I might own a quilting machine LOL

Anyway the pic is of the Orange Crush quilt I made of Bonnie Hunters. She is a big time scrap quilt maker and has give so many patterns away for free from her website...... http://www.quiltville.com/ This pattern was one of her mystery quilts. Her recent mystery quilt is just beautiful so check out her site.

11 comments:

Vickie said...

hey you great too see you post some of your makings...painful patterns take the joy outta sewing eh? Netherless you did a fab job on the laptop bag.
Are you going too make the Double Delight?
cheers Vickie

Jenny F said...

Well done KA. You have done a wonderful job on the bag despite the difficulties. I hope you enjoy using it now you have finished it!
The other things look good too. Nice to see what you have been doing.
Hugs
Jenny

Di said...

You've done a great job KA, both on the quilts and the bag. I love your choice of colours

Andee said...

I love your Orange Crush! Colors look great--different someohow from many I have seen...nice job!

Sharon's Place said...

Turned out stunningly KA!! All I can say is I love that bag and want one LOL

Hugs,
Sharon 2

Cath Ü said...

Hi KA... No matter how confusing the bag pattern was... you gotta love that pin wheel block... everything looks fantastic... especially the bag...
Cath Ü

Karen Mallory said...

The bag turned out wonderful despite the poor instructions! Good thing for sewing experience hey! I love your Orange Chrush quilt. It is beautiful and the colors all just mesh beautifully!
hugs Karen

Unknown said...

KA....
the bag is lovely! I really like that heart top and your orange crush is simply gorgoeus....really nice work. In the end when making a something from a pattern, you simply must leave your mark on it...you are afterall, a designer...an artist...don't forget...vbg!
hugz
Pam

Anita said...

Your bag looks great!! As does the Orange Crush quilt!! Great job!

Sharon-NZ said...

Everything looks fantastic KA, especially the bag, despite the pattern

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Lovely quilts...and bags.